End Of The Internet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End Of The Internet

A forum about nothing and everything.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review: Bedtime Stories

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pyong
Admin
Pyong

Review: Bedtime Stories Empty
PostSubject: Review: Bedtime Stories   Review: Bedtime Stories I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Title: Bedtime Stories
Realesedate: 2008
Director: Adam Shankman
Starring: Adam Sandler, Keri Russel, Guy Pearce, Lucy Lawless, Courteney Cox, among others.

Plot: Marty Bronson (Jonathan Pryce) who raises his son and daughter on his own has to sell his homey motel to clever Barry Nottingham (Richard Griffiths) who promises to make Marty's son manager, when he's grown up and has proven himself. Nottingham pulls down the motel to raise a pricey hotel. Although grown up, Marty's son Skeeter Bronson (Adam Sandler) works as a janitor and general servant, but unlikely as it seems, he still dreams of becoming the manager. When Nottingham announces a brand-new gigantic hotel project, he makes his future son-in-law, base Kendall (Guy Pierce), manager, shattering Skeeter's dream. At the same time Skeeter's sister Wendy (Courtney Cox) has to leave town for a job interview and asks him to alternate looking after her two children Patrick (Jonathan Morgan Heit) and Bobbi (Laura Ann Kesling) with Wendy's responsible-minded colleague Jill (Keri Russell). He doesn't get along with either Jill or the children, but his easy-goingness loosens them all up and once he starts telling his bedtime stories, the children grow fond of him and begin to bring in their ideas about how the stories should go. When the stories turn out to become true in real life, Skeeter tries to manoeuver the stories into a direction which will make his dream come true, too.

Imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960731/

Yet another lovely Disney-movie. It's a sweet story and it's perfect in the category it's in. The actors and actresses did a great job and it's well-made overall. Only reason that I wont give it top-score is because of Adam Sandler. I've always disliked him and so he ruined yet another movie for me. But nevertheless, it's a lovely, family movie.

4/5 (Damn you, Sandler, damn you!)
Back to top Go down
http://idatuomi.awardspace.biz/

Review: Bedtime Stories
Page 1 of 1